Minecraft is perhaps one of the most famous games around the world. The game currently has more than 126 million active players. The popular sandbox game, developed by Swedish developers, Mojang, allows players to show their creativity by building a new virtual world using different types of blocks and exploring untested waters. Two types of Minecraft games are available: Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. The first is the most popular among gamers around the world.
This version of the game introduces new combat systems and many other features that are not available in the Bedrock version. Moreover, one of the best parts of the game is the cross-platform playability. This means that players on different platforms such as Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Xbox, PlayStation and more can play with each other. So, if you are planning to play this art style game, here are all the details you need to know.
How to Download Minecraft Java Edition Online on PC or Laptop
You can also download Minecraft Java Edition on your PC or laptop. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Go to minecraft.net and click Get Minecraft Java Edition.
- Now, select Computer from the list of available platforms. You will get options to choose between Windows, macOS, and Linux. Select Windows if you are a Windows 10 user.
- If you select Windows, you will get two games for purchase: Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. One can choose as per your need. If you are playing Minecraft for the first time, we suggest you use the first game.
- Then you will be asked to choose between Starter Collection and Master Collection. The former is priced at Rs 1,674 and the latter Rs 2,724. Choose the alternative and pay.
- Now, simply download and install it on your computer and start playing it without any hassle.
How to Download Minecraft Free Trial on PC or Laptop
Interestingly, if you are new to this game and want to try it out first, the developers give you an option to play the beta version as well. The trial version is only valid for 1 hour 40 minutes or 5 in-game days. So here’s how to download Minecraft beta for free on your PC or laptop.
- Open the browser on your computer and search for “Minecraft Free Trial”. Alternatively, you can click on this link.
- You will see three options within the free trial of Minecraft which includes Windows, Android and Sony PlayStation. Click Windows to download the trial version.
- The website will take you to the Microsoft Store, click Free trial under the purchase option and sign in with your Microsoft account using email, phone, or Skype.
- Once this is done, the installed Minecraft app will be downloaded to your computer. Install the game on your computer by following the on-screen instructions and start playing the trial version.
Minecraft Java Edition PC System Requirements
The best part about Minecraft is that it can run on almost all computers that have at least 4GB of memory. Here is the complete list of Minecraft Java Edition minimum system requirements and recommended system requirements:
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 or higher
- CPU: Intel Celeron J4105 or AMD FX-4100
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or AMD Radeon R5
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
Recommended System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 10 or higher
CPU: Intel i5-6500U or AMD A8-6600K
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce 940M | AMD Radeon HD 8570D
Memory: 8 GB RAM
How to manually check and update Minecraft Java Edition on PC?
Here’s how to manually check for Minecraft updates on your PC:
- Open Minecraft Launcher on your PC.
- On the right side of the Run button, you will see the Latest Version
- Download and install the new update on your device Your computer.
How to download Minecraft maps and add them to the game
There are a large number of downloadable maps available for Minecraft. There are different types of websites that allow you to download different maps for the game. You can go to minecraftmaps.com and search for some great maps that offer some interesting features. You can select the desired map from the site and download it. However, make sure that the map is compatible with the current version of the game. Once you’re done, follow these steps:
Download and unzip the map on your desktop screen.
Now, press Windows Key + R to open the launch menu and enter %appdata% .minecraft. Press Enter.
In your Microsoft folder, you will find a folder called “Save”. Click on this folder to open it. You’ll see the names of the worlds there.
Get the unzipped map on your desktop and drag and drop the entire folder into the “Save” folder.
Now, open Microsoft Launcher and start “Minecraft”. Select the single player option and there the new map will appear.